Odvetniška pisarna Jadek & Pensa d.o.o. (Jadek & Pensa)
1. Who we are
The data controller is the law office Odvetniška pisarna Jadek & Pensa d.o.o., Tavčarjeva ulica 6, 1000 Ljubljana, phone number: +386 1 234 25 20, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We as the data controller take our responsibility to protect your personal data seriously and handle your personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the law governing protection of personal data and other applicable laws and regulations governing data protection.
2. What personal data we collect, how we treat them, what purposes we process them for and what is the legal basis for the processing
You provide us with your personal data either through our website form, by sending it to our e-mail addresses or by delivering any documents to us. In most cases you provide us with this data and documents either for the purposes of concluding a contract with us or so that we are able to provide you with our services and tasks. This means that you are required to provide us with such information, otherwise we will not be able to provide you with some or all of our services connected to such information.
In case you decide to provide us with your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing, we are processing such data on the basis of your consent and you can revoke your consent at any time as described herein. Personal data provided for the purposes of direct marketing will only be used for the purpose of sending you notices on novelties, blog posts, invitations to events we organize and other legal information relevant to you.
If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, your employees, counterparties, your advisers or your suppliers, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used, and that they have given their permission for you to disclose it to us and for you to allow us, and our outsourced service providers, to use it.
3. Information sharing
As a rule, we do not forward your personal data to anyone outside Jadek & Pensa. However, we may share your personal data with trusted third parties that perform business functions or provide services to us (for example translators or delivery services to the extent necessary). All such third parties will be required to adequately safeguard your personal data, subject to agreements that correspond to the requirements of applicable laws.
We may also share your personal data with third parties if so required by law or in order to provide you with our services, including but not limited to courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators, government officials or attorneys.
4. Security measures and data retention
Jadek & Pensa will secure your personal data in accordance with our IT and security policies, in order to protect your personal data from unauthorized use, unauthorized access and unjustified changes, loss or destruction.
Your personal data will be stored for the entire period of our contractual relationship with you and for the entire time any claims can be made on the basis of such relationship or if we are required to store the data by the relevant legislation or public authorities. Personal data stored and processed on the basis of your consent will be stored until you have revoked such consent.
5. International transfers of personal data
Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries, unless so required in order to provide you with our services (for example to deliver the ordered products). Given the above, we will make sure that the data will only be transferred to trusted third parties in countries outside the European Economic Area whose laws may not afford the same level of protection of your personal data. Where necessary, Jadek & Pensa will ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to comply with the requirements for the international transfer of personal data under applicable privacy laws. For transfers of personal data outside the European Economic Area, Jadek & Pensa will use Commission approved mechanisms, such as the Standard Contractual Clauses as safeguards, such as the “(EU-)controller to (Non-EU/EEA-)controller” Decision 2004/915//EC (see Article 46 GDPR) or any later version of the Standard Contractual Clauses that might replace said clauses.
6. Your rights in relation to your personal data
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data and their processing:
- right to access – means you may ask us whether or not we process any of your personal data and, if so, receive access to that data in the form of a copy and get additional information in relation thereto;
- right to rectification – means You have the right to have your data rectified in case of inaccuracy or incompleteness;
- right to erasure – means that you can, in cases listed under Article 17 of the GDPR, request us to delete your personal data, and we will, to the extent possible, make sure, that these data is also delete by other controller which have been provided with your information;
- right to restriction of processing – means we can temporarily stop the processing of your personal data, for example in cases where the accuracy of your personal data was contested but some time is needed for us to verify their (in)accuracy.
- right to object – means that in case we process your personal data on the basis of our legal interests (as defined in point 2 above), you can object to such processing and request we stop such processing; and
- right to data portability – means you can request us to provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have such data transmitted directly to another controller, where technically feasible. Upon request and where this is technically feasible we will transmit your personal data directly to the other controller.
The above-mentioned rights can be enforced in line with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”).
7. Right to revoke your consent
Where your consent is the legal basis for the processing of personal data, you can revoke it at any time, by sending your request to us through any of the contact details from this document.
The revocation of your consent does not influence the legality of the data processing prior to the date of such revocation.
8. Right to complaint at the supervisory authority
You also have the right to file a complaint with the local supervisory authority.
The contact details of the local supervisory authority are:
Dunajska cesta 22
Telefon: 01 230 97 30
You can also file a complaint at your supervisory authority. A list of all supervisory authorities and their contact details is available here.
You can enforce the right in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR.
9. Updates to this notice
This notice was last updated on 5 July 2021 and replaces all previous versions. This notice will be updated from time to time and we will post the updated version on our website and notify you on any important changes. We suggest you read this notice again from time to time in order to be informed on its latest version.
10. Contact details
Odvetniška pisarna Jadek & Pensa d.o.o.
Tavčarjeva ulica 6
Phone number: + 386 1 234 25 20