AEEC Autumn Conference 2018: Distribution networks as key infrastructure for the Energy World of the future
As a part of celebration of its 60th anniversary, Jadek & Pensa Law Office is organising together with the association of Associated European Energy Consultants (AEEC), of which it is a member, an international energy conference titled “Distribution networks as key infrastructure for the Energy World of the future,” which will take place on 15 October 2018 in Ljubljana.
AEEC is an association of law firms that deal with energy law or advise clients who are active in the field of energy. In the Chambers directory, AEEC has been recognised as the leading association in the field of “Projects & Energy”. Jadek & Pensa Law Office has been a member of the AEEC since 2010. Read more on the association at www.aeec-online.com.
The fil rouge of the conference in Ljubljana will be distribution networks, their future role in the sector (particularly in the light of technological changes in the field of energy) and the future role of electricity and gas distributors. Currently, there are quite a few legal/regulatory topics that are of great interest to the distributors and distribution network operators also at EU level. The introductory contributions will deal with the new design of the energy market and its significance for the distribution as well as the impact of technological changes and role of distribution operators in the future (separately for gas and electricity). Among more specific subjects that are currently topical in the field of distribution, we have selected three, namely: regulation of grid fees in Europe, e-mobility and personal data protection. These are the fields which ACER has also identified as the most current in the field of distribution. E-mobility and personal data protection will be dealt with in the framework of round table discussions, to which in addition to guests from abroad we have invited also eminent representatives of Slovene energy companies.
If you wish to join us, we can provide you with additional information via e-mail: email@example.com or via telephone at 01 234 25 18.
The foreseen detailed conference programme is as follows:
- Prof Christian Held, AEEC Chairman & Partner, BBH
- Jure Levovnik, Partner, Jadek & Pensa
The European cooperation of regulators and its relevancy for distribution network operators
- Christophe Gence-Creux, Head of the Electricity Department, Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators (ACER)
New electricity market design – regulatory challenges in distribution
- mag. Duška Godina, Director, Energy Agency of the Republic of Slovenia
The role of distribution network operators and the Energy World of the future
- Hans Kreisel, President GEODE & CEO Skellefteå Kraft Group
The power distribution networks of the future
- Prof Dr Rainer M. Speh, CTO, Siemens Ltd.
Gas distribution network and integrated energy: key factor for the prospective energy industry
- Dr Timm Kehler, CEO, Zukunft ERDGAS e.V.
The regulation of grid fees in Europe: a comparison of different methods in European countries, aspects of prospective structuring and energy efficiency
- Jürgen Gold, Partner, BBH
Round table – Selected legal and regulatory challenges for distribution network operators: E-mobility and GDPR and data privacy
- Dr Götz Brühl, CEO, Stadtwerke Rosenheim GmbH
- Andrew Whitehead, Partner, Shakespeare Martineau LLP, Birmingham
- Ana Čalić Turudija, Partner, Prica & Partners Attorneys, Belgrade
- Uršula Krisper, Head of Advanced Services Department and Project, Distribution Network Operations and Development, Elektro Ljubljana d.d.
- mag. Jože Torkar, Director of Energy Solutions in Public and Commercial Sector, PETROL d.d., Ljubljana
- mag. Andrej Šajn, Member of the Management Board, GEN-I, d.o.o.